Mike Scott Thomson's short stories have been published by a number of journals and anthologies, including those from Litro, Prole, The Momaya Annual Review, and Stories for Homes (in aid of the housing charity Shelter). 'Me, Robot,' his story to feature in The Fiction Desk anthology Crying Just Like Anybody, was also adapted for performance by the theatre group Berko Speakeasy. Competition successes include the runner up prizes in both the Inktears Short Story Competition (2012) and the Writers' Village International Short Fiction Competition (2013).
Based in Mitcham, Surrey, he works in broadcasting.
Publications with The Fiction Desk
- 'Me, Robot' in Crying Just Like Anybody
- 'I Say Papaya, You Say Pawpaw' in There Was Once a Place
- 'Beat the Brainbox' in Separations
On our blog
- Volume 10: Out Soon!
- Announcing the winners of our 2015 Flash Fiction Competition
- Mike Scott Thomson on ‘I Say Papaya, You Say Pawpaw’
- Mike Scott Thomson on ‘Me, Robot’