Crying Just Like Anybody
The fourth volume in our acclaimed series of short story anthologies.
Edited by Rob Redman
Published 30 November 2012
Our fourth anthology, Crying Just Like Anybody takes its title from a story by Richard Smyth, and features ten new stories.
Previous contributors Matt Plass, Matthew Licht, and Colin Corrigan are all making their return in this volume, and newcomers to the series include Die Booth, Mike Scott Thomson, William Thirsk-Gaskill, Luiza Sauma and S.R. Mastrantone.
This volume also features our first story in translation, with 'I'm the One' from Slovenian author Miha Mazzini.
- Colin Corrigan - Wonders of the Universe
- S.R. Mastrantone - Just Kids
- Die Booth - Phantoms
- Matthew Licht - Across the Kinderhook
- Matt Plass - Tripe Soup and Spanish Wine
- Mike Scott Thomson - Me, Robot
- Miha Mazzini - I'm the One
- William Thirsk-Gaskill - Can We Have You All Sitting Down, Please?
- Luiza Sauma - Carolina Carioca
- Richard Smyth - Crying Just Like Anybody
On our blog
- Quays: revisiting Manhattan with Richard Smyth
- Colin Corrigan on ‘Wonders of the Universe’
- Matthew Licht on ‘Across the Kinderhook’
- Die Booth on ‘Phantoms’
- Announcing the Fiction Desk Writer’s Award for Crying Just Like Anybody
- Luiza Sauma on ‘Carolina Carioca’
- S R Mastrantone on ‘Just Kids’
- Richard Smyth on ‘Crying Just Like Anybody’
- Mike Scott Thomson on ‘Me, Robot’
- Creating the cover of Crying Just Like Anybody