Richard Smyth's first novel, Wild Ink, was published in 2014 by Dead Ink Books. His prize-winning short fiction has appeared in The Stinging Fly, The Stockholm Review, Litro, Riptide, Firewords and two anthologies from Arachne Press; as a journalist and critic, he has written for the TLS, New Scientist, New Humanist, BBC Wildlife and many more. He lives in West Yorkshire.
He is represented as a novelist by Peter Buckman at the Amersand Agency.
Publications with The Fiction Desk
- 'Chalklands' in New Ghost Stories
- 'Crying Just Like Anybody' in Crying Just Like Anybody
- 'Sky Burial' in Long Grey Beard and Glittering Eye
On our blog
- Quays: revisiting Manhattan with Richard Smyth
- Richard Smyth and the First Person
- New books from Fiction Desk authors
- Announcing the winners of the 2013 Ghost Story Competition
- Richard Smyth on ‘Crying Just Like Anybody’
- Creating the cover of Crying Just Like Anybody