Judging our first writing competition has been a real challenge. It’s a cliché to say that the standard of entries was high, but it was: there were some terrific stories in there.
Finally, though, we have our winners.
The finalists are:
- Gavin Cameron, with ‘A Big Leap’
- James Collett, with ‘The Clever Skeleton’
- Damon King, with ‘Simmo!’
- Paul Lenehan, with ‘For Joy’
- Matt Plass, with ‘Invisible Them’
- Ian Shine, with ‘Love Stops at Ten Metres’
And the overall winner is:
- Tania Hershman, with ‘A Call to Arms’
All of the above stories will appear in our next anthology, which will be along this spring.
I’ll be in touch with all of the winners over the next few days. In the meantime, congratulations to all of you, and thank you to everybody who took part in the competition.
I’ll be posting some more thoughts on the contest and our new experience with flash fiction in general around the time of publication.