We’re getting there… Pictured above are the galley proofs for Various Authors: The Fiction Desk volume one. The text is being checked over as I write this (or it would be, if I wasn’t writing this). The book contains a dozen new stories from a dozen talented writers. I’ve read them all several times now, as we’ve gone through the selection and editing process, but none of them has lost its ability to entertain or excite me as a reader. This is going to be a terrific collection. No resting on laurels, though: as soon as this one’s off to the printers, it’s time to get to work on Volume Two.
On our blog...
- Announcing the winners of the 2017 Ghost Story Competition
- Announcing the winner of the Writer’s Award for Separations
- Stories behind Stories: Alex Clark on ‘Poor Billy’.
- Quays: revisiting Manhattan with Richard Smyth
- Volume 10: Out Soon!
- Announcing the winners of the 2016 Ghost Story Competition
- Long Grey Beard and Glittering Eye: The Writer’s Award
- Announcing the winners of the 2016 Newcomer Prize
- Announcing the winners of our 2015 Flash Fiction Competition
- Ghost Story Competition 2015: The Winners
- Announcing the Writer’s Award for New Ghost Stories II
- Jane Alexander on ‘In Yon Green Hill to Dwell’