It’s time to announce the winners of our 2014 Flash Fiction Competition. We had a lot of great entries this year, and putting together the shortlist has been tricky. So tricky, in fact, that we’ve increased the number of finalists from the planned four to six.
This year’s finalists, in no particular order, are:
- Nik Perring, with ‘Loss Angina’
- James Collett, with ‘Little Bird Story’
- Sarah Evans, with ‘Mission to Mars — an A to Z Guide’
- Dan Purdue, with ‘The Guy in the Bear Suit’
- Die Booth, with ‘Badass’
- Cindy George, with ‘Colouring In’
And the overall winner is:
- Jo Gatford, with ‘Bing Bong’
Thanks again to everybody who took part in our competition this year, and congratulations to the winners!
I’ll be in touch with the winners in the next few days, and all of the above stories will appear in an upcoming Fiction Desk anthology, so keep an eye out for that.