Flash Fiction Competition 2017
Most of the stories we publish in The Fiction Desk anthologies are significantly longer than 1,000 words, but we do sometimes see great writing that's much shorter than that. In order to accommodate some of these miniature stories, and to provide more variety for our readers, we're pleased to announce the 2017 edition of our flash fiction competition.
How To Enter
- Prizes: There is a first prize of £300 and two runner-up prizes of £100 each.
- Entry fee: Entry to the competition costs £5 for a single story, with a special rate of £8 for two stories submitted together.
- Word count: Stories must be between 250 and 1,000 words in length.
- Deadline: Midnight (UK time) on Friday, 29th September.
- The competition will be judged by Rob Redman, editor of the anthology series and founder of The Fiction Desk. Full terms of entry can be found at the bottom of our online entry forms.
- Before entering, you might find it helpful to read our last set of winners, published in our anthology Separations.
- For updates on this and our other competitions, please sign up for our email newsletter.